|Options||XS Gloss Aqua 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
Small Gloss Aqua 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
Medium Gloss Aqua 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
Large Gloss Aqua 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
XS Matt Orange 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
Small Matt Orange 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
Medium Matt Orange 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing,
Large Matt Orange 148mm Bolt Thru - Available from our supplier- please contact for timing
|Description||The Soul is the frame that started it all for Cotic. The latest incarnation features stealth dropper routing and suits 27.5" (650b) wheels.
This version features a 12 x 148mm bolt through rear axle. Not so much that the frame needs extra stiffness - more that it allows you to swap between wheels on your other bikes. It's an option, but there's also a QR version - see our other product listing for that.
- Reynolds 853 DZB down tube, Ovalform top tube and Cotic Exclusive 34.9mm seat tube combine for a supple yet precise ride feel
- Cotic designed 34/44 taper head tube for taper steerer forks
- Dropper seatpost friendly 31.6mm seatpost size
- Dedicated remote hose routing under the top tube for external dropper post
- NEW - Internal "Stealth" dropper post routing via p-clips on down tube
- NEW - Shimano Sideswing Side Swing front mech compatibility. Better clearance, better shifting, cleaner routing via down tube.
- 4130 cromo wishbone stay rear end. Bridge-less S-bend chainstays with Cotic Hexten gussets for improved fatigue life and massive mud clearance
- Superlight custom machined and pocketed dropouts with replaceable mech hanger for QR wheels
- Geometry with commitment! Minimum 100mm travel forks, optimised around 120mm forks, maximum 140mm forks.
- Long top tube, short stem set up (50-90mm stems recommended) for super sharp steering whilst maintaining a comfortable day riding stretch
- Optimised For Inline geometry brings the best out 27.5" wheels, 120mm forks and inline clamp dropper seatposts.
- Sizes - 16", 17.5" and 19" and NEW 14.5" XS size. The frames are designed to be compact and chuckable
- Weight - 4.5lbs for the 17.5"
- Seatpost diameter: 31.6mm (wise to get a decent length one)
- Dropper Compatibility: External and Internal "Stealth" routing options. External routing in dedicated hose clips under the top tube. Internal routing via the down tube.
- Front Mech: Shimano Side Swing, Top Clamp 34.9mm, Front Entry.
- Routing for front mech in p-clips along the down tube same as the internal dropper post routing.
- Bottom Bracket width: 73mm
- Bottom Bracket thread: Conventional English/BSA
- Headset: 44mm external cup lower, 34mm traditional standard upper [click here for info]
- Rear Hub: 12 x 148mm bolt-thru (axle included with frame)
We can supply the complete bikes as listed by Cotic. It's difficult to find the time to list each and every option on the website, so please email email@example.com to discuss.
We also offer custom builds, so email your dream build and we can work out a quote or two. Alternatively, if you're only needing a few bits (headset and bottom bracket perhaps?!) then let us know and we can supply and fit before dispatch.
All frames from 18 Bikes are tapped, faced, reamed and checked as required before dispatch. Ready to build up!
**Orange photos show a QR frame, please note that this listing is the 148mm axle version**
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.